Oral cancer includes cancers that occur in the lip, the mouth, the throat, the tonsils, or the salivary glands. Oral cancer requires intensive treatment like surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation when it is not detected early. In addition, oral cancer can be deadly. Detecting oral cancer early is important to successful treatment.
Oral Cancer Symptoms
In addition to coming to your regular dental checkups, visit Kingsport Dentistry today to be screened for oral cancer in Kingsport, Tennessee, if you notice any of the following symptoms:
– A persistent sore on the gums, lips, or inside of your mouth
– A lump or swelling anywhere around (or in) your mouth or throat
– Numbness or loss of feeling inside of the mouth
– Difficulty eating
– White or red patches inside of the mouth
– Unexplained soreness in the mouth
– A feeling that something is stuck in the throat
– A swelling of the jaw
– Loose teeth for an unexplained reason
– Lingering hoarseness or sore throat
Oral Cancer Screening
It is important to realize that you may not always be able to detect the earliest signs of oral cancer yourself. Because of this, regular appointments with our dentists are essential. When you come in for your regular appointment, our dentists will perform an oral cancer screening. This check will occur every six months, so oral cancer can be detected and treated early on.
We invite you to contact our office at 423-247-5175 today to learn more and to schedule a visit.